Publications of Dr．Eric Davies older than 1983
1. G.A. Maclachlan, E. Davies and D.F. Fan. 1968. Induction of cellulase by
3-indoleacetic acid. In: Biochemistry and Physiology of Plant Growth Substances. Ed.F.
Wightman and G. Setterfield, Runge Press. pp. 443-454.
2. E. Davies and G.A. Maclachlan. 1968. Effects of indoleacetic acid on intracellular distribution of B-glucanase activity in the pea epicotyl. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 128: 595-600.
3. E. Davies and G.A. Maclachlan. 1969. Generation of cellulase activity by pea microsomes in vitro. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 129: 581-587.
4. C.D. Taper and E. Davies. 1969. Alterations of exogenously applied indoleacetic acid to non-indolic substances in apple leaf. Can. J. Plant Sci. 49: 222-224.
5. J.L. Van Etten, H.R. Roker and E. Davies. 1972. Protein synthesis during fungal spore germination. VII. Differential protein synthesis during germination of Botryodiplodia theobromae spores. J Bact 112: 1029-31.
6. E. Davies, B.A. Larkins and R.H. Knight. 1972. Polyribosomes from peas. An improved method for their isolation in the absence of ribonuclease inhibitors. Plant Physiol 50: 581-584.
7. E. Davies and B.A. Larkins. 1973. Polyribosomes from peas II: Polyribosome metabolism during normal and hormone-induced growth. Plant Physiol. 52: 339-345.
8. B.A. Larkins and E. Davies. 1973. Polyribosomes from peas III: Stimulation of polysome degradation by exogenous and endogenous calcium. Plant Physiol. 52: 655-659.
9. A.M. Ibrahim, D.P. Coyne, R.C. Lommasson, and E. Davies. 1973. Orientation, anatomical, and breeding behavior studies of the crook-neck rogue fruit in "Butternut" squash. J. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci. 98: 576-580.
10. E. Davies and B.A. Larkins. 1974. Polyribosome degradation as a sensitive assay for endolytic messenger-ribonuclease activity. Anal. Biochem. 61: 155-164.
11. B.A. Larkins and E. Davies. 1975. Polyribosomes from peas V. An attempt to characterize the total free and membrane-bound polysomal population. Plant Physiol. 55: 749-756.
12. E. Davies and O. Ozbay. 1975. Comparative effects of indoleacetic acid on growth of decapitated, etiolated epicotyls of Pisum sativum L. cv. Alaska. Physiol Plant. 35: 277-285.
13. R.H. Meints and E. Davies. 1975. Editors "Control Mechanisms in Development: Activation, Differentiation and Modulation of the Genetic Program." Advances in Exptl Medicine and Biology. Vol. 62. Plenum Press.
14. E. Davies. 1976. Polyribosomes from peas. VI. Auxin-stimulated recruitment of free monosomes into membrane-bound polysomes. Plant Physiol. 57: 516-518.
15. N.V. Norcio, C.Y. Sullivan and E. Davies. 1976. Abscisic acid levels in sorghum leaves subjected to drought cycles. Sorghum Newsletter 19:109-110
16. E. Davies, G. Vassart and J.E. Dumont. 1977. Isolation of intact, thyroglobulin-synthesizing polysomes from beef thyroid. Anal. Biochem. 80: 289-297.
17. E. Davies, G. Vassart and J.E. Dumont. 1978. Thyrotropin-stimulated recruitment of free monosomes into membrane-bound, thyroglobulin-synthesizing polysomes. Biochem. J. 172: 227-231.
18. E. Davies and B.A. Larkins. 1980. 'Ribosomes'. In: Plant Biochemistry: A comprehensive treatise. Vol. I. pp. 413-435.
19. E. Davies and O. Ozbay. 1980. A potential role for cellulase in hormone-controlled elongation. Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenphysiol 99: 461-9.
20. E. Davies and A. Schuster. 1981. Intercellular communication in plants: Evidence for a rapidly-generated, bidirectionally-transmitted wound signal. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 78: 2422-2426.
21. J.D. Waldrum and E. Davies. 1981. Subcellular localization of IAA oxidase in peas. Plant Physiol. 68: 1303-1307.
22. A. Schuster and E. Davies. 1983a. Protein and RNA metabolism in pea epicotyls. I. Changes during aging. Plant Physiol. 73: 809-816.
23. A. Schuster and E. Davies. 1983b. Protein and RNA metabolism in pea epicotyls. II. The response to wounding. Plant Physiol. 73: 817-821.
24. A. Schuster and E. Davies. 1983c. Protein and RNA metabolism in pea epicotyls. III. The response to auxin. Plant Physiol. 73: 822-827.