GMO/Meat, Milk and Eggs
All government approved European corn borer resistant and herbicide tolerant proteins
contained in biotech crops.
CryIA, Glufosinate and Glyphosate
DuPont, Pioneer and Optimum support rigorous testing and regulatory safeguards that consider both human health and environmental protection.
· A comprehensive, rigorous assessment of products developed with new technology validates that GMO products are safe.
· The testing for GMO products, both voluntary and mandated, is more thorough than for any other plant genetic products on the market. We support this testing. (USDA, EPA and FDA)
· The regulatory system in the U.S. has an excellent track record for a safe food supply.
· We voluntarily conduct safety assessments at the earliest stages of product concept and development, before mandatory regulatory testing.
· We test products before, during and after commercialization.
· Internationally, we adhere to the regulatory systems in place.
· Biotech has allowed us to know as much or more about these proteins than those currently in plant products.
· We are committed to working closely with interested parties to openly discuss the issues.
Thethese specific proteins:
proteins are from sources with no history of toxicity or aller
· These proteins do not resemble known toxins or allergens.
· These proteins are expressed at low levels when major allergens are usually found in large amounts.
· Protein safety was confirmed by the lack of adverse effects in mice that were fed 100X the level of routine consumption.
· We voluntarily conduct safety assessments at the earliest stages of product concept and development, before mandatory regulatory testing, and after product commercialization.
Studies show that animals perform in a comparable manner when fed biotech
corn products as compared to conventional c orn
animal feeding studies using biotech corn have been completed or are in progress. The results have been
or will be shared publicly. (Should we add more on studies
showing amount/quality of milk, feed intake, grazing, etc?) Feed
performance studies confirm that biotech corn products are nutritionally equivalent to
conventional corn for livestock feed.
from these traits have not been detected in meat or
· Research to date shows no evidence of these proteins in meat or other animal products.
digestive systems are a hostile environment that degrade
and proteins . Theto amino acids and peptides. ·DNA
detection technology is so sensitive that unless rigorous procedures are followed during
sampling and analysis, the data generated could lead to false conclusions. as is the case with other proteins. · Unless
rigorous protocols are followed during sampling and analysis, DNA technology is so
sensitive that contamination of the sample may lead to detection. · DNA
and proteins are present in all plant material and part of diet. (Do we want to include
Return to Home to MCB Laboratory